[GNC] On a Mac, where are the database configuration details stored?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 14 13:09:52 EDT 2021

Generally speaking the passwords are stored in Keyring and the user is prompted if the password isn't found. I'm not sure what it does if the connection doesn't have a password. You can examine the keyring with /Applications/Utilities/Keyring Access. If it does have an entry for your database then you can either add the password there or delete the entry and GnuCash will prompt you for the password when you try to connect.

If there's no entry then I think you need to use File>Open to make a fresh connection and provide all of the information in the connection dialog.

On the off chance you want to look at the code start at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/gnucash/gnome-utils/gnc-file.c#L748.

Regards,
John Ralls