[GNC] gnucash-cli says, "No quotes retrieved. Finance::Quote isn't installed properly" on macOS

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jun 12 12:13:10 EDT 2021

> On Jun 12, 2021, at 12:22 AM, Jim DeLaHunt <list+gnucash at jdlh.com> wrote:
>
> OK, I can understand that the MacPorts installation of perl may be configured to look for perl packages in MacPorts locations, and ignore the system locations. But I don't understand wny the GUI app of GnuCash apparently can find Finance::Quote when run from the GUI, but the gnucash-cli app apparently cannot. What is different?

Because applications started by LaunchServices don't get the environment from your shell's startup files. That means GnuCash is running /usr/bin/perl, not /opt/local/bin/perl but when you run a program from Terminal the environment is read so gnucash-cli runs /opt/local/bin/perl.

Regards,
John Ralls